Cosmos and Logos is an academic journal focusing on the study of myth, religion, and folklore. The purpose of this journal is to deepen our understanding of the fundamental narratives and ideas that found human culture.
We are looking for submissions that represent a cross section of interpretive approaches to the material. We welcome submissions that are multi-disciplined. The up-side to this approach is that a broad container may attract information essential for new insights. Our hope is that an open view of the material will allow a varied and rich space found in the material itself.
Each edition of the journal will have different content sections, including a venue for ancient myth, religious topics, traditional folklore, as well as modern arts and culture. Book and film reviews, as well as poetry may also be considered. We encourage a wide variety of submissions, interpretations, and approaches.
Deadline for Submissions is June 1, 2016.
If you are interested in submitting an article for publication, please follow these guidelines:
- All submissions must be formatted in Microsoft Word™ or in pdf.
- All writing should conform to current MLA guidelines.
- All Submissions must meet high academic standards of writing and content without the use of rhetorical jargon. Every article is reviewed by an editor on the Cosmos and Logos Board.
- Articles may be of any length up to 5000 words. Shorter essays, poems, or reviews between 500 to 1500 words are also acceptable.
- Any image or graphic you include in your essay must be accompanied with written permissions or appropriate copyrights.
- Please submit articles or essays that have not been published elsewhere.
- If your submission is published, you retain all copyrights.
- Include in your submission a cover letter with the following information: your name, mailing and email address, phone number, and a short biography of no more than 75 words.
- Submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have any questions, you may submit an inquiry to the Editors on the Board.